You support the concept of Promotional Products Work! Week, the industry-wide event designed to share with advertisers and marketers the value and impact that promotional products make to the bottom line. You’ve marked your calendar for Promotional Products Work! Week, April 21-25, 2014. Great!
But the fact is you are operating at capacity right now. Customers are demanding. Deadlines are looming. Do you really have the time and resources to promote and participate in Promotional Products Work! Week? The answer is you can’t afford not to—and Promotional Consultant Today has made it easy with these ideas from PPAI.
- Announce Promotional Products Work! Week to your organization, your clients and customers, community and the media.
- Use and customize the Promotional Products Work! Week promotional materials with your logo. These are located at promotionalproductswork.org/week.
- Give personalized products to visitors who come into your office or facility during the week.
- Ask your mayor to read a proclamation about Promotional Products Work! Week and thus officially announce Promotional Products Work! Week in your city. A sample proclamation is in the publicity kit.
- Develop a calendar for your Promotional Products Work! Week events and send it, along with a news release, ahead of time to your local media. Remember to develop and distribute a release describing each event.
- Distribute your Promotional Products Work! Week materials and invite your employees, customers and community to reply with a list of reasons why promotional products work by filling in a line in the email.
- Wear, display or distribute your Promotional Products Work! apparel and products and urge your employees and clients to participate. Add your company’s name to the items if you wish.
- Encourage clients to write a letter, paragraph or phrase about how promotional products work for them. Find a way to share these remarks verbally or in writing. You could also post these on your website or company Facebook page.
- Conduct a photo/video contest inviting clients to enter creative photos or videos of promotional products at work, home, a sporting event or a concert.
- Feature one or more reasons why promotional products work each day. Include the specific reasons on a calendar that you can print and distribute to your clients and the media.
- Hold an event in your office or facility that will interest your clients—an event that will look good in photos and make a good video. Consider a timely exhibit of antique or vintage promotional products from your company collection.
- Request an ADvocate speaker (or become an ADvocate) to talk to local groups about how and why promotional products work.
- Conduct a workshop, informal tour or meet-and-greet for more in-depth knowledge about some of the products offered by your company.
- Pitch a good story idea to a local newspaper or business journal, radio or public broadcasting station or develop a panel discussion or product announcement about what’s new or trending.
- Use the PPAI-provided research and infographics as part of your Promotional Products Work! Week campaign.
Get involved and share how you support Promotional Products Work! by uploading your photos and video through a short submission form . Also, don’t forget to share your photos with us on the PPW! Facebook page and tweet about PPW! Week using the hashtag #PPW!Week.
Find details on these ideas and more at www.promotionalproductswork.org/week.
Read PCT tomorrow for more ways to support your industry.
Source: Cassandra Johnson is a tech-savvy marketing communications consultant and freelance writer. She reports on the latest trends in the promotional products industry, public relations, direct marketing, e-marketing and more. She supports clients in a variety of industries, including promotional products, hospitality, financial services and technology.
Please visit www.superiorpromos.com for all your promotional products need.